Climb Cotopaxi Ecuador
Mount Cotopaxi in the Cotopaxi National Park is the second largest mountain in Ecuador and its 5,897m (19,347ft) summit makes it one of the largest active volcanoes in the world.
Mount Cotopaxi is the most popular climb in Ecuador because of its stunning views of the crater at the summit and because backpackers with no mountain climbing experience can attempt the climb. After recent volcanic activity, however, the governmet closed Cotopaxi National Park to the public for safety reasons over the last 120 days but reopened it now that the volcano has settled.
* For safety reasons there is a maximum of two people per ASEGUIM certified mountain guide. If you are climbing solo it will be only yourself and the ASEGUIM certified mountain guide.
– All mountain climbing equipment and warm clothing suitable for high altitude and freezing weather
– Transportation to and from Mount Cotopaxi
– Accommodation in the Refugio (Base Camp)
– Lessons in Climbing
– Dinner in the Refugio and snacks and drinks during the climb
The weather on Mount Cotopaxi is unpredictable but we will try to give you as accurate information as possible on weather forecasts as well as information on how many successful ascents there have been in the previous weeks.
Have any questions? Use the contact form below to message us: