The Avenue of the Volcanoes Ecuador is a 12 day trekking and mountain climbing tour that takes you around Ecuadors beautiful “Avenida de los Volcanes”
Avenue of the Volcanoes Ecuador
1. The first trek on the trip is around the rim of the Quilatoa Loop Crater Lake which will give you a taste of high altitudes and stunning views.
2. The next trek is the climb up the 3,300 meter (10,826 feet) mountain Punay where we camp at the giant pre-incan pyramid on the mountains peak above the clouds.
3. The next trek to the glacial lakes and multicoloured Lagoons of El Altar is where we start to get some serious height to about 5,000 meters. The trek takes you through a Mordor-like terrain that the locals call “the lost world” where on a clear day we will see the eruptions of Volcano Sangay in the distance.
4. Now that you are fit and acclimbatized enough to start your first ascent of Mount Cotopaxi.
5. Finally its time to climb Mount Chimborazo the largest mountain in Ecuador.
Detailed Itinerary Avenue of the Volcanoes Ecuador
Day 1: Arrive in Quito
Day 2: Start Quilotoa Loop
Day 3: Arrive in Riobamba.
Day 4: Climb up to the Pyramid Puñay
Day 5: Climb down and return to Riobamba
Day 6: Rest Day
Day 7: Start Lagoons of El Altar
Day 8: Lagoons of El Altar Trek
Day 9: Return to Riobamba, half day rest
Day 10: Climb Cotopaxi
Day 11: Rest Day in Banos
Day 12: Climb Chimborazo
Price per Person:
2 – 3 People: $1625
4-5 People: $1375 each
6 + People: $1325 each
– Airport Pickup – We will be waiting at the airport for you.
– Private Transport between cities and mountains.
– All accommodation in very comfortable hostels
– National Park Entrance Fees and permits
– Accommodation in Refugios / Base Camps on the mountains.
– All camping equipment including tents, sleeping bags, and stoves.
– All climbing equipment including plastic mountain climbing boots, crampons, harness, ice axe, helmet, gloves, high-quality mountain climbing clothing.
Recommended to Bring
– A flashlight or headlamp
– A refillable water bottle
– Multiple pairs of warm socks (alpaca wool socks are cheap in Ecuador)
– We supply the plastic mountain climbing boots but it is recommended you bring a pair of trekking / hiking boots with ankle support and preferably water resistant.
Are you up for the adventure?